Harder Now Accepting Applications for Nomination to US Service Academies
WASHINGTON — Today, Representative Josh Harder (CA-10) announced that his office has begun accepting applications to be nominated for US service academies. Applications are open until October 29th, 2021 for students graduating high school in spring of 2022. In order to attend one of the nation’s prestigious military academies, a student must first be nominated by their member of Congress.
“The students who attend our service academies are plain and simply some of the most impressive and inspiring people I’ve ever met,” said Rep. Harder. “I encourage anyone thinking about serving their nation in uniform to consider applying to one of our academies.”
America’s prestigious military academies include:
- The United States Military Academy (USMA) in West Point, New York.
- The United States Naval Academy (USNA) in Annapolis, Maryland.
- The United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- The United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) in Kings Point, New York.
Students and parents interested in more information on the military academies or other military educational opportunities should visit https://harder.house.gov/services/military-academy-nominations or email Katie Jaycox at Katie.Jaycox1@mail.house.gov.
All applicants must submit a nomination application and the following documents to Katie Jaycox via email at Katie.Jaycox1@mail.house.gov or mailed to Rep. Harder’s Modesto office at 4701 Sisk Road, Suite 202 Modesto, CA 95356.
- 3 letters of recommendation with one being from either a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal
- 1 professional photo with the student’s name on it
- Transcript for all high school + college education
- SAT or ACT scores
- One-page statement on why the student should be nominated