Harder’s Most Effective Week in Congress (so far): One Harder Bill Passes House, Four More Pass Committee
Modesto, CA – Representative Josh Harder (CA-10) is finishing the most effective week yet of his first year in Congress. This week Rep. Harder passed a legislative provision through the House and five more pieces of legislation through three different committees. Each of the bills which passed committee this week is expected to pass the House in the coming months. More than 90% percent of bills introduced this Congress have not cleared the committee milestone.
“There’s a lot of noise coming out of Washington these days, and the media has been keen on covering the drama, but this week we got a ton done for the Valley,” said Rep. Harder. “And we’re just getting started. Five of my bills took a big step forward this week, and we’re working to make sure all of them keep moving.”
Rep. Harder’s Central Valley wins include:
- Passing his bipartisan legislation through the House of Representatives which will improve care for older Americans.
- Passing his Ronil Singh and Fallen Heroes Scholarship Act through the Education and Labor Committee.
- Passing legislation through the House Education and Labor Committee which will bring up to 10,000 doctors to California and improve career and technical education.
- Passing his amended legislation to help watchdogs monitor big banks through the House Agriculture Committee.
- Passing his Protecting Families of Fallen Servicemembers Act through the House Veterans Affairs Committee.