Afghanistan Evacuation Resource Guide

For Students and U.S. Citizens in Afghanistan Now: 

For students and U.S citizens currently in Afghanistan, please fill out the Repatriation Assistance Request form on the U.S. Embassy’s website. Once you fill that out, please send an email with your name(s), passport number(s), and date(s) of birth, and we will follow up with the State Department. You can direct your information to

The U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan has received reports that international commercial flights are still operating from Kabul, but seats may not be available. The U.S. Embassy is exploring options for U.S. citizens who want to depart and who have not been able to find able to find a seat on commercial flights. This notice is to solicit information from U.S. citizens who may wish to utilize such a options. If you have an existing flight booked, do not cancel that booking. The Embassy cannot guarantee how many or if charter flights will be available and continues to urge all U.S. citizens in Afghanistan to take advantage of commercial flight options while they are still available as airports could experience unexpected closures with little to no warning.

To register for any option that might be identified to return to the United States, you must complete this Repatriation Assistance Request for each traveler in your group. Spouses and minor children of US citizens in Afghanistan who are awaiting immigrant visas should also complete this form if they wish to depart. Please do so as soon as possible. You must complete this form even if you’ve previously submitted your information to the U.S. Embassy in Kabul.


Those Eligible for Priority 2 Visas:

These are visas available for the following people: 

  • Interpreters who worked for the US military but not long enough to qualify for SIV, 

  • Afghan employees of a US news organization, and 

  • Afghans employed directly by a US NGO.  (Afghans who were employed directly by Indiana University, Ball State University, Kansas State University, Save the Children, International Assistance Mission, Reuters, Associated Press, etc.) 

If you or a relative fit these categories, email my office at or call (209) 579 5458.